Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stamped Tin

I just recently got a new bedroom suite, and have been waiting to save money to buy something to go over my new bed.  I came across these some stamped tins at Pottery Barn that hang on the wall that would have gone perfectly, but the prize was really high. ($99, Like most things at this store are WAY overpriced) I was not going to even think about paying that much for them.  I knew I had seen some similar ones at Hobby Lobby before so I figured I could just revamp my own.  I purchased three brown stamped tins and a can of off white spray paint.  They did not have three tins that were all the same design, so I bought a different one for the middle. It was so simple. I just sprayed them lightly to give more of an antique look.  After they had dried, I took a sanding block and lightly went over them.  Here is some step by step pictures of the process.

Before painted

After a light coat


After sanded


Finished product


Pottery Barn's for $99
 I wanted something really simple and small, because the headboard is so tall.  I purchased these three stamped tins at Hobby Lobby for $8 a piece. They were orginally $15.99, but they were 1/2 off.  Altogether my total purchase with the spray paint was $30.  Take that Pottery Barn!

No comments:

Post a Comment