Sunday, November 21, 2010

Inspiration

I get alot of inspiration from looking online at articles and blogs.  I just really enjoy transforming something old into something new.  The treasures one can find in their own home is unbelievable.  One ends up spending a lot less money and can really appreciate their work.  I am also a graduate of interior design school, but did not get to chase my dreams due to the bad economy.  A couple of years ago, my husband and I started giving our house a major makeover.  It was a rental house before and was just not taken care of like it should have been.  When we first started I have no idea what I was doing, I knew what I wanted, but did not know how to get there. Now two years later, we have redone every room in our house.  I am still slowly putting the decorating part together, but hey when you are on a budget, it takes a while!  While my husband helps with the major renovations, I'm usually just the "brains" of the project. Now I'd have to say I'm pretty handy and can do a lot more DIY projects around the house than before, without the help of someone. Here are a few random blogs I look at to get inspiration and ideas. 

http://thegoodlifebyerin.blogspot.com/
http://shanty2chic.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment