Tuesday, November 9, 2010

China Cabinet Cont.

Materials
2  54" x 84" drapes from Target $50.00

Supplies:
Staple Gun with staples
Gorilla Glue

I began this project a few weeks ago, but yesterday I  went on the search for fabric to reupholster my bar stooling and finish up the backing to my china cabinet.  After searching at Hancock Fabrics, I did not see anything that I was just crazy about and it was rather expensive.  I proceeded to look for a shower curtain or some type of window treatment.  I found a really cute drape at my favorite store, Target.  The price was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I really liked it. 

After I removed the panel from the back of the china cabinet, I glued the fabric on the backside, by wrapping it around the panel. If you have never used Gorilla Glue, let me tell you, use sparingly because it expands!  I did not use the staples because I was worried the staples would puncture the panel.  After the glue was dry I stapled the panel back to the china cabinet.  It really turned out to be such an each job!

Close up!

Side View!

Once again I LOVE how this turned out.  It adds a little something extra to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment