Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bathroom Remodel A

For this remodel project, I will start with the shower.  This master bathroom, that was once not so master is fabulous now, but it was definetly needed some attention. I will not be breaking this project down by materials and supplies because it is such a big project. 

Before this shower was a tall fiberglass shower/tub like in most houses.  I decided I wanted to add tile and a little something special to it.  After the new drywall was complete and a new tub was installed the tile work began. We picked out a 6" neutral color ceramic tile with the matching bullnose, stairnose, and beck pieces for the design I was wanted to achieve.  The glass brown tile came in 12"x12" pieces and was cut down to 3" for the focal point. I chose diagonal for the bottom half of the tub with a brick layered look at the top.  I also added a 12"x18" cut in the drywall for shampoo and toiletries.  After all the tile was layed, the grout was applied and wiped off until clean.  For the faucets I went with a brushed nickel Delta faucet because of their lifetime parts warranty. 






I am very please with how this project turned out.  I do not have any before pictures, but as I described earlier, it was very plain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment