Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Tree Topper

I have always loved a themed tree and for the past couple of years have been collecting only silver and red ornaments and decor for my tree.  This year my aunt gave us her old tree, and I was so very happy to put it up.  After we put it up I came to realize, it is MASSIVE and overwhelms our living room.  I sat there debating on how I have complained about our "tiny" Christmas tree for a couple of years, and now I have this huge tree.  I decided to just deal with it.  It was so large, I couldn't even the angel on top of the tree, because she was hitting the ceiling.  Luckily over the years I have "collected" various beaded sticks that go randomly in my tree. I like to call them fireworks.  I cannot remember where I purchased them, but I'm pretty sure I got them at Hobby Lobby.  I started by putting the large white ones around the top trying to cover up the very top of the tree.  I used the colored ones only in the front, below the white ones.  And the red ones above camoflaging the top of the tree.  Check it out!
White Fireworks

Silver & Red Fireworks


Firework Topper

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment