Monday, November 15, 2010

Chairs

After the China Cabinet was complete, I ended up having some material left over.  I decided it would be nice to recover the seats on my bar stools in the same room.  It ties everything together and I never really liked the black material on the stools.  The chairs are from Sticks N Stuff, a furniture store located in Clarksville.  It has good prices, but the quality is not so great.  I started by unscrewing the seats from the stool.  There was only about three screws holding them together.  I cut the material about 4 " bigger than the seats, leaving plenty of room to be wrapped around to cover the whole seat. Before I began stapling the material, I added  wood glue to the bottom just for extra support, in case the material would tear around the staples.  Then I  stapled the material to the bottom part of the seat, but checking the corners to make sure I liked how it was folded.  After the glue dried for a couple hours, I screwed the seats back to the stools.  I was worried about the material being so thin, so I also added more glue under the stool, where the seat and stool meet in corners.  I was amazed at how well the whole room is tied together now. Here are some before and after pictures of the bar stools.

Before Bar 

After Bar

Before Table

After Table






No comments:

Post a Comment